idra logo IDRA
ABOUT US
Introduction

The Inverhuron and District Ratepayers Association (IDRA) was established in 1978 to serve the community as it was then evolving in a more diverse makeup comprising seasonal and permanent residents. This was trend in demographics was essentially due to the nuclear power development in the area centred on the second concesson of Bruce Township near the lakeshore. Prior to the beginning of the early nuclear power developmnents with the Douglas Power Plant in the early 1960's, most residents of Inverhuron were seasonal and lived near the sand beach from the river south of Bruce Road 15 for a short distance. The predecessor to the IDRA was the Inverhuron Beach Association established in 1946, that focused mostly on items related to beach activities mostly in the summertime. Currently residents of the district of Inverhuron reside from the Concession 2 of Bruce Township on the north side to the border with Lorne Beach on the south. The Aims of the IDRA as established by the constitution of IDRA in 1978 follow.



Aims of the IDRA





Constitution READ MORE Read More
Sept 11 2015


The 2017 IDRA Executive READ MORE Read More
Sept 12 2016


The 2017 Committees 2017 READ MORE Read More
Oct 18 2016


home    top
revised 2016 Oct 18